Installing Python/XML on Windows?

G. David Kuhlman G..David.Kuhlman at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Fri Jul 2 14:50:54 EDT 1999

From: dkuhlman at netcom.com (G. David Kuhlman)

Jonathan W Hendry (jhendry at shrike.depaul.edu) wrote:
> Does any documentation exist on this? How do I set up the
> paths so that Python can use all the various components of
> the package?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jon

Here is a message that should help.  You should also be able to
find it in the comp.lang.python archives at DejaNews.

  - Dave

==============================

From: digitome at iol.ie (Sean Mc Grath)
Newsgroups: comp.lang.python
Subject: Re: XML-toolkit for Windows - binaries available?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:37:35 GMT

On 16 Jun 1999 09:41:34 +0200, Lars Marius Garshol
<larsga at ifi.uio.no>
wrote:

>* Lee Borkman
>|
>| Can anyone help me out in installing from the standard
distribution?
>| I don't have a C-compiler on my system, but I do have
nmake/dmake.

>I think the web page is out of date, since the /xml/windows
directory
>in the CVS does contain the .dll files for pyexpat and sgmlop (and
has
>done for quite a while). So just download the ZIP file and they
should
>be there.
>
>If not, send me an email and I'll send them to you.

The binaries are there but a bit of fiddling is required to
get things working. (This is from memory but here goes)

The pyexpat and sgmlop dlls have to be copied into the
xml/parsers subdirectory. You also need to edit the
__init__.py file to include 'pyexpat' and 'sgmlop' in
the __all__ string.

Pyexpat requires xmlparse.dll. This dll needs to be
on your path.

I *think* that is what I did to get it all working:-)

Hope it helps,
Sean