Stackless & String-processing

Graham Matthews graham at sloth.math.uga.edu
Mon Jul 19 12:12:18 EDT 1999

[Graham Matthews]
: > You have totally misunderstood what I said.
[Fernando Pereira]
: > One last try. I understood your point from the beginning. However, you
: > did not understood *mine*.
Tim Peters (tim_one at email.msn.com) wrote:
: Trust me on this one, fellows:  you each understand the other, and have for
: several (interesting) msgs already.  Graham has an unusual way of expressing
: his appreciation for a good discussion

Tim I don't think that we are agreeing.: Fernando seems to want to
view combinators as parsing constructs and hence says things like
"the combinators don't have to do much if you are using automata
based black boxes" (to paraphrase). But combinators are more than
parsing constructs -- they are sequencing constructs used for a wide
variety of tasks where automata techniques are not available.

graham

--
            The girls is all salty, the boys is all sweet,
                      the food ain't too shabby