python -c not working

Victor S. Miller Victor.S..Miller at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Fri Jul 2 09:46:57 EDT 1999

From: victor at idaccr.org (Victor S. Miller)

I built Python on various of our systems (1.5b2) (Solaris 2.7 and AIX
4.x), and everything seemed to be ok, until today when I was trying to
install Numerical Python.  I tracked down the error to the fact that

python -c

doesn't work

for example

python -c 'print 1'

gets no output, and

python -c 'import path; print sys.path'

get a syntax error at import.  Does anybody have a clue as to what can
be wrong?

I built it in without such problems on another set of Solaris 2.6
systems.
--
Victor S. Miller     | " ... Meanwhile, those of us who can compute can hardly
victor at idaccr.org    | be expected to keep writing papers saying 'I can do the