bug with Irix configure

Andrew Dalke dalke at bioreason.com
Mon Jul 12 18:00:09 EDT 1999

Patrick J. Moran <pmoran at nas.nasa.gov> said:
> I've encounted a bug with the configure on Irix.  I'm not sure
> where to report it, so to the newsgroup it goes.

I've had no problems compiling Python on IRIX 6.3 or 6.5.2
boxes with either the MIPSpro 7.1 or 7.2 compilers using
all combinations of n32, o32 or 64.

> The problem is under Irix 6.4 with the MIPSpro 7.2 compiler.

But I don't have one of those machine to test it on.. not that
it should make a difference.

> I presume _MIPS_SZLONG isn't defined when configure does its
> tests.

They should be added by the compiler, since it depends on the
ABI you are using for compilation.

I just compiled the following from "test.c"

#include <sys/types.h>
main()
{
}

with "cc -E" to see what the preprocessor does, and it gets
size_t w/o problems (IRIX 6.5.2 and MIPSpro 7.30).

You can also see what is being set with "cc -show test.c".
I get:
/usr/lib32/cmplrs/fec -G [...] -D_MIPS_SZLONG=32 [....]

So either the problem is limited to IRIX 6.4 or something else
is wrong.

						Andrew
						dalke at bioreason.com