Suggestion: Dutch Python mailinglist

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Mon Jun 7 09:23:52 EDT 1999

Gerrit Holl wrote:

> I know there are many Dutch
> python-users, but most of them know English very well.

Dutch people use Python? Since when?

> Ik ben een Nederlandse jongen van 13 jaar, en mijn Engels is niet goed.

Actually, I can pretty much read that without learning Dutch. It looks
like English with some spelling mistakes. And no more typing mistakes than
is typical for mailing lists.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Silence," wrote Melville, "is the only Voice of God." The assertion,
like its subject, cuts both ways, negating and affirming, implying both
absence and presence, offering us a choice; it's a line that the Society
of American Atheists could put on its letterhead and the Society of
Friends could silently endorse while waiting to be moved by the spirit
to speak. - Listening for Silence by Mark Slouka, Apr. 1999, Harper's