extention modules.

Travis Oliphant olipt at mayo.edu
Wed Jun 16 16:41:06 EDT 1999

> Should I write it as two seperate modules (the compiled C one and
> the native python one) or is there a way to combine them in one. I am
> using the SWIG program to wrap my C library.

It is often the practice to put make a Python module that imports a C
module.  That's what I'm doing with Multipack
http://oliphant.netpedia.net/multipack.html
You can construct C-modules that don't need a Python wrapping, however, it
is easier to handle the user-end API in Python.

If you are doing math intensive calculations, have you looked at the
Numeric extensions?

Good luck,

Travis