Python GUIs: Abandoning TkInter and welcoming wxPython?

mgutierrez at dss.es mgutierrez at dss.es
Mon Jun 28 03:57:18 EDT 1999

In article
<52B9C15E4136A939.DC364288A600C018.AB3BFEAACFF2E162 at lp.airnews.net>,
  mikael at pobox.com (Mikael Lyngvig) wrote:
> Hi,

> Also, can anyone comment on the features available in TkInter and
> wxPython - perhaps even make a feature comparison chart?
>
> [1] By sluggish I mean: You can see, or at least sense, the window
> update operations.  Windows are not drawn instantly, but in visually
> detectable steps.

Tkinter , or tk in general has got several advantages:
 - it's reasonably extended in the free soft community.
 - there's some packages : tix, blt

If you think a commercial system should be faster, take a look at
Java Swing running in Netscape, I've seen windows scrollings where the
windows
, buttons and combo boxes blink like crazy horses. ha-ha-ha, a
commercial
system fast ?
And if you want to switch why not to gtk ?
Anyway tk seems far more extensible than any other thing .

Regards
Manolo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/