TKinter modal dialog

Mike C. Fletcher mfletch at vrtelecom.com
Mon Jun 14 10:38:01 EDT 1999

Okay, here's the brief:

File processing task (adds structure to VRML files according to
heuristic rules determined by the user) needs to query the user every
so often if there is a missing/ambiguous rule.  I would like to make
this a GUI dialogue using TKinter.  I have said dialogue written using
the simpledialog class, and have looked at
http://www.pythonware.com/fredrik/tkdraft/ which suggests I might use
widget.wait_window, however, this doesn't really get the effect I'm
looking for, as it returns control to a widget, whereas I just want
the dialog to exit (and be destroyed) and control to return to the
processing run.

The win32 extension dialogs have a "doModal", which is exactly what
I'm looking for.  Anyone care to point out what section of the docs I
didn't read that describes a TKinter doModal :) .

Enjoy,
Mike

   M i k e   C .  F l e t c h e r

       mcfletch at vrtelecom.com