currentThread(): no current thread for ... using threading and Events?

Stephen Norris srn at fn.com.au
Wed Jun 23 08:12:34 EDT 1999

I'm seeing

currentThread(): no current thread for XXXXX

messages (where XXXXX is some number) from some code I'm working on. They
are coming from the threading module, and the only part of that I'm
using is Events.

I'm also using thread style threads. Is this what's going wrong? Does this
confuse things? The lib ref doesn't say it will, but it seems possible,
especially now that I look at the code. Hmmm....

I don't really like the Thread class, and I'd like to avoid changing to
it (since there's a fair bit of code already there), but if this is the
cause I'll have to.

Does anyone have any wisdom to impart?

	Stephen
Stephen Norris  srn at fn.com.au