Installing ODBC on PythonWin

bruises at my-deja.com bruises at my-deja.com
Mon Jun 14 23:20:05 EDT 1999

Before I go wack and take it out on my computer
like this guy
(http://www.web42.com/badday/badday_small.mpg)
did, I'd like to ask for some help.

I'm trying to install an ODBC module into
PythonWin, but it still *won't* work!

It is written that the ODBC module is included in
the pythonwin distribution but >>>import ODBC
says otherwise. I've d/e'd (downloaded/executed)
Win32, but it died and said that it was looking
for version 1.4!

I was able to partially install mxODBC by copying
all the files into the right place but I'm having
trouble compiling the modules in vc++.

I'm going to pull my hair out!!! Could someone
show me an easier way of installing ODBC? (I
don't want to mess with DAO since I'm expecting
to migrate data from a database.)

Hhelp!!

SL

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/