easy filecopy? - JPython?

Fred L. Drake fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us
Tue Jun 15 13:20:39 EDT 1999

Gordon McMillan writes:
 > Last I recall (a while ago), os.chmod() doesn't work on Win9* and
 > acts as a noop on WinNT under CPython. This might explain why the
 > functionality isn't there in Java?

Gordon,
  This certainly would make sense.  The question becomes "If os.chmod
doesn't exist, should shutil.copy() fail?"  I'm not at all sure what
the answer is, but I can see it going either way.  shutil.copymode()
and shutil.copystat() should certainly fail, but it's not at all clear
that shutil.copy() should.
  Someone more aware of the Java/JPython issues than myself should
make the call; I seem only to start up JPython when a thread like this
pops up.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>