Python 2.0

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Thu Jun 3 18:33:18 EDT 1999

In article <7j6ua4$fp6$1 at cronkite.cc.uga.edu>,
Graham Matthews <graham at sloth.math.uga.edu> wrote:

>I don't understand why you want GC only by explict call and in "inform"
>mode only?

I don't think inform mode should be the only mode, but it should be the
default and primary mode.  As for explicit GC, just call me a Luddite.
(IOW, I think of GC as primarily a debugging tool and I don't trust
autoGC to not impact real-time programs.)
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het

"NRE is a lot like cocaine. Feels great while you're on it, makes you
feel very special and talented, and you become highly annoying to those
who aren't on it."  -- Stef