Problem with Curses

Klaus-Juergen Wolf kjwolf at online.de
Thu Jun 17 23:35:15 EDT 1999

Klaus-Juergen Wolf <kjwolf at online.de> wrote:
 > (Python 1.5.2 on FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE (i386))

 > I found that (after having compiled Python with cursesmodule.c -
 > testall.py succeeds) the following program gives a segmentation
 > fault:

As it appears,

-*-
import curses

curses.initscr()
curses.endwin()
-*-

alone does exactly the same. I've tested it in debugging environment,
where it doesn't happen, and I've checked the cursesmodule code, and I
still have no idea why this happens. (Inconsistency? But where?)

Stack trace says that it happens when the first actual write call to
libtermcap takes place.

The problem occurs under Solaris in the same way, while Linux doesn't
seem to know anything of it.

Anyone got an idea?

cu
 k.j.