Why is tcl broken?

Bob Techentin techentin.robert at mayo.edu
Thu Jun 10 15:47:52 EDT 1999

These flame wars are more than five years old.  Tcl has had namespaces
and a byte-code compiler for years.

If you want "current" issues, you might just read comp.lang.tcl, or the
"frequently made mistakes" available from the FAQs at
http://www.tclfaq.wservice.com/tcl-faq/  You'll find complaints about
commenting out blocks of code and accidental conversions to octal.

Fernando Mato Mira wrote:

> Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
>
> > * Fernando Mato Mira
> > |
> > | I'm trying to collect a list of all the _current_ issues making tcl
> > | a bad language choice.
> >
> > You can find three interesting articles on this at

  [snip]

--
Bob Techentin                                  techentin.robert at mayo.edu
Mayo Foundation                                           (507) 284-2702