Python 2.0 (perhaps off topic)

Graham Matthews graham at sloth.math.uga.edu
Thu Jun 3 11:22:57 EDT 1999

Paul Prescod (paul at prescod.net) wrote:
: I think that that is all anyone has been saying. Many people like the
: current semantics and don't trust that a full GC would deterministically
: invoke finalizers for arbitrary resources.

Why do you think this? See my post about adding a mark and sweep
collector *on top of* the existing ref count semantics.

graham
--
                          So I turned around
                    And 40,000 headmen bit the dirt