OO (was: Why is tcl broken?)

Fernando Mato Mira matomira at iname.com
Sun Jun 13 10:59:18 EDT 1999

Peter wrote:

> If you are a fan of CLOS, you might want to check out the Dylan
> programming language.
>
> It is basically a thoroughly modernized descendant of Lisp/CLOS with an
> infix instead of prefix syntax.  In Dylan, almost everything is an object

Although Dylan never really made it into "Fernando's elegibility list"
because
it was not a serious contender against Scheme and CL yet, it definitely got
banished the day the Lisp syntax was dropped. I'm still waiting for the day
when the Dylan fans will reinstate the alternative.

But my dream is a `parenthesized Cecil'
http://www.cs.washington.edu/research/projects/cecil/

or "all you wanted in CLOS (and more) since you got `corrupted' by Eiffel"
;-)

--
Fernando D. Mato Mira
Real-Time SW Eng & Networking