[tkinter] two questions regarding Canvas

mlauer at amalia-atm.rz.uni-frankfurt.de mlauer at amalia-atm.rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Jun 3 17:52:40 EDT 1999

Fredrik Lundh (fredrik at pythonware.com) wrote:
> Greg McFarlane <gregm at iname.com> wrote:
> > This is small attempt at adding editing bindings to canvas text items.
> > This *must* have been done before, but a search of comp.lang.tcl did
> > not come up with anything, except a mention of pg_access in postgresql
> > which I could not find.  Does anyone know of it?

> http://www.pythonware.com/people/fredrik/fyi/fyi52.htm

This is a GREAT resource! I'm very much appreciating all
what will be published there in the future!

Thanks for your work.

A side note: I tried to emulate an editing canvas text item
with a windows item which has a Tkinter.Text field inside.
This is ok - but: While my other canvas items do much work within
<Any-Enter> and <Any-Leave> bindings, the text field seems
to eat up all events - which is ok for editing mode, but
not when the user for instance wants to drag around the
complete text field.

Can I change this behaviour programmatically ?

--
    Regards & Gruesse from Mickey @ http://www.Vanille.de