Two minor problems with running python in emacs

Alex alex at somewhere.round.here
Tue Jun 8 10:06:17 EDT 1999

Hi.  When I run a python script in a py-shell under emacs, sometimes
C-cC-c doesn't return me to the shell for a VERY long time.  Does anyone
know why, and is there a workaround?  In case it's relevant, I think I'm
working under RedHat 5.2.

And now a question from the "there's no harm in asking"-department: if a
script running under a py-shell runs pdb.set_trace (), is there some way
to get emacs to do gud things like point to the debugger's current
execution line in some other buffer?

Alex.