dict vs kjBuckets vs ???

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Jun 8 18:43:39 EDT 1999

I'm currently using a dict for storing references to objects (call them
customer objects, referenced by customer ID (a number)).  I'm using a
dict (instead of SQL or something similar) because we're willing to
trade lots of memory to get speed.  However, I've heard that after about
10K items in a dict, it starts having problems.  Is this a specious
rumor, should I switch to kjBuckets, or should I do something else?
Does the answer change if we have 100K objects?  A million?

(The only operations are object insert, update, delete, and lookup.)
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het

"I'm not tense, i'm just terribly, terribly alert"  -- unknown