load_dynamic problem

John Fisher jfisher at are.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 25 14:52:29 EDT 1999

Hey folks,

I'm having a bit of trouble loading a C extension into Python 1.5.2.
I'm getting the error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "bpinter.py", line 9, in ?
    PyBPMPD = imp.load_dynamic('PyBPMPD', 'PyBPMPD.so')
ImportError: ./PyBPMPD.so: undefined symbol: setdef

setdef, not written by me, but called from inside PyBPMPD.c, is
prototyped as:
	extern int setdef(bpmparam *);

The module itself compiles without complaint with:
	gcc -I/usr/include/python1.5/ -shared -o PyBPMPD.so PyBPMPD.c

I'd appreciate any ideas on the problem.  I'm rather stumped.

Thanks,
John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/