Emacs package to the Python debugger?

Ovidiu Predescu ovidiu at cup.hp.com
Wed Jun 16 18:43:02 EDT 1999

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:25:03 -0500 (CDT), Charles G Waldman <cgw at fnal.gov>
wrote:

> Ovidiu Predescu writes:
>
> >   Is there any pac kage that allows debugging Python programs from
> >   within Emacs?  Something that is integrated with Emacs' GUD would
> >   be very convenient.
>
> Recent versions (21.0 and up) of XEmacs include this in the
> "prog/debug" package.
>
> If you don't use the XEmacs package system, you can still get the
> single-file "pdb.el" from
>
> ftp://ftp.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/pub/wwe/pdb.el
>
> And, yes, it is build on top of the Grand Unified Debugger.

Thanks, I already got the pdb.el from that site. I'm still using Xemacs 20.4 so
I had to install it manually on my machine.

One thing I noticed is that it doesn't have a debugger mode for the source file
similar with gdbsrc-mode. This requires me to use the python debugger buffer to
enter the commands. I cannot simply type 'n' or 's' on the buffer containing
the source. Do you know if such a thing is available?

Thanks,
Ovidiu