Windows Stack Size

Michael Muller proteus at cloud9.net
Wed Jun 2 08:37:48 EDT 1999

Mark Hammond wrote:
[snip]
> statements in __getattr__ would make this immediately obvious.  Also, the
> death should take a few seconds to occur - try hitting Ctrl+C in this
> period - you may get a traceback telling you exactly where the problem is.

As I recall, the trap was immediate.  I'll try the "print"s under linux,
though, just to see if there's anything funky going on.

> >I'd debug it myself except that I'm happily Windows-free (only creates
> >problems when I have to write code for Windows users).  If there is no
> >obvious answer, I have a work-around.
>
> And what would the work-around be?
>
> Mark.

Using the raw Tkinter 'Text' control instead of my ScrollingText class.
It
doesn't seem to have this problem.  Unfortunately, it doesn't have
scrollbars
either.

michaelMuller = proteus at cloud9.net | http://www.cloud9.net/~proteus
We are explorers in the further reaches of experience: demons to some,
angels
to others.  - "Pinhead" from "Hellraiser"