Using the Windows clipboard in Python

Wesley Phoa doctorwes at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 8 04:24:19 EDT 1999

This is a preliminary version of a module which lets you exchange data via
the Windows clipboard, either as a string or as a 2D array. For example,
this lets you copy and paste data between Python programs and Excel.

ftp://ftp.mindspring.com/users/doctorwes/clipboard.py

It uses the Win32 extensions and Sam Rushing's calldll module. There must be
an easier way - I'm a Windows novice, so suggestions are very welcome.

If you use this module (or calldll generally) you may notice mysterious but
apparently harmless errors when exiting Python; something to do with
libraries not unloading. If you know why this happens, please tell me!