Embed Python in Xbase++??

Gary Stephenson stephensong at iname.com
Sat Jun 19 21:36:01 EDT 1999

How difficult/feasible would it be to embed Python in ALASKA's Xbase++
language (WIN32), so as to make the Python Dictionary and ImmutableTuple
types (we already have Lists - but we call them arrays) usable as
primitive classes in the Xbase++ language.

Xbase++ has the following types: string, date, numeric, logical, array,
codeblock, object-reference and NIL.  Instances of these types would
need to be storable in the dictionaries and tuples, along with the
native Python types.  There is a published API for interfacing with
these types from C.

Can anyone describe or direct me to examples of how this might best be
accomplished?

I would also consider hiring someone to have a go at this - (hope I'm
allowed to "call for quotes" in UseNet?? If so, and you're interested,
send me e-mail directly.  If not, humblest apologies, and forget I
asked!! )

All suggestions welcomed.

gary