Binary pickle portability

Olaf Delgado Olaf.Delgado at p98.f112.n480.z2.fidonet.org
Tue Jun 29 18:25:16 EDT 1999

From: Olaf Delgado <delgado at Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Olaf Delgado wrote:

> Lately I observed strange things when trying to unpickle a binary pickle
> (including floating point numbers) produced on a different architecture.

Sorry, that was too quick.

After looking a bit closer, I found that the problem is probably related
to the Numeric module (i.e., pickling matrices) and doesn't depend on
whether binary or ordinary mode is used. So please don't bother now!
Still, I am interested in whether people use binary pickles.

Olaf