Python on HP-UX

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Sat Jun 12 21:34:03 EDT 1999

Hi,

I'm trying to get Python 1.52 going on HP-UX 10.20.  I put the source
on, compiled, and found out about the ansi-c issue.  I tried to continue
after taking out pcre support per a post I found from Guido, but it then
stalled on "posixmodule.c, line 666: error 1705: Function prototypes are
an ANSI feature.".    I'm guessing that I shouldn't force it further.

I then put gcc on, learned about depot files and swinstall, and...
swinstall's either not on the machine, or not in my path!  Is there a
way to get around this, or might binary executables be available
somewhere someone could point me to?  I'd like to continue this
week-end, and not have to wait for the sysadmin to return on Tuesday.

Reminded-of-the-unbundled-SCO-dazed-ly yr's

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com