Problem with Curses

Klaus-Juergen Wolf kjwolf at online.de
Sun Jun 20 20:48:43 EDT 1999

Klaus Schilling <Klaus.Schilling at home.ivm.de> wrote:
 > kjwolf at online.de (Klaus-Juergen Wolf) writes:
 >> It depends on when the executable is linked to libmytinfo, which only
 >> takes place on platforms that don't know the terminfo database, like
 >> BSD and Solaris; there are two competing declarations of tputs().

 > Why doesn't Freebsd know the terminfo database? Can't the one that is
 > integrated into ncurses be used on FreeBSD?

Some versions in the past still knew it, but, it seems, nowadays,
termcap is the only valid standard for declaring terminal interactions.
In fact, NCurses _is_ integrated into FreeBSD, the bridge between the
two systems is libmytinfo, it seems. mytinfo now declares tputs(),
which termcap also also declares, therefore, there is a small conflict,
if you don't link them libraries in the correct order.

You could, anyway, install another NCurses "on-the-head" of the old
one. But that is Linux behavior, we won't do that.

cu
 k.j.

--
 Support Julia Hill - save the Redwood trees: http://www.lunatree.org/