Reproducable Python core dump

Bradley Baetz bbaetz at ug.cs.usyd.edu.au
Wed Jun 2 19:39:59 EDT 1999

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Since Tk_GetGC() is a huge function, I can't say more without
> recompiling Tk with -g.  Perhaps you can try this yourself?

Not for a while. I've got to hand in my assignment on Monday. :) I don;t
have to use the mouse for my demonstratios though.

For anyone who is looking into this, it only happens when using the
mouse - not when I use the keypad to highlight the link, and then call a
slightly modified version of Viewer.do_link(). It still happens in my
version when I use the mouse (That's how I noticed it).

In case its relevent, data is read from the keypad from an fd to a C
program. Python then selects the appropriate action.

The versions of libtk used were:

Stock RedHat 5.2 (tk-8.0.3-20)
SunOS tk8.0.?? (How can I find out which subversion it is?)
	tk4 is also installed, so it may be this one
Debain 2.0 (8.0p2-4)

Bradley