Checking for Python modules in autoconf

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 13 12:18:48 EDT 1999

"Andrew M. Kuchling" <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> writes:

> I'm working on packaging some software for distribution, and would
> like the configure script (generated using GNU autoconf) to check
> whether various Python modules are installed.  Does anyone have an
> autoconf macro for doing this?

Checking through a pile of messages I've flagged over the last however
long...

James Henstridge has written some extensions to automake/autoconf as
part of his Python GTK+ bindings. Apparently they'll be part of
automake 1.5 whever that surfaces, but you can get them as part of
gnome-python or pygtk. Go see

ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/python/

HTH
Michael