Why is tcl broken?

Paul Duffin pduffin at mailserver.hursley.ibm.com
Thu Jun 10 10:20:04 EDT 1999

Laurent POINTAL wrote:

> [note Follow-up to: set to comp.lang.python]
>
> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:17:59 +0200, Fernando Mato Mira
> <matomira at iname.com> wrote:
>
> for Python vs Tcl
> >:   If you have references to articles of the sort, that will be useful,
> >: too.
>
> See http://www.cwi.nl/~sjoerd/PythonVsTcl.html
>
> I remeber having seen an article of a guy explaining why he switched
> from Tcl to Python for a large project... but I loose the URL.
>
> A+

The article mentioned is VERY out of date wrt Tcl. This is probably
because the author is not keeping up to date with the developments in
Tcl because he has already chosen Python.

I would recommend that you go to the home pages of all of the languages
that you are interested in to get the pro-language biased stuff and then
try and make the decision for yourself about which language is best for
you.

BTW I cannot see the original document so I do not know the context of
the subject but Tcl is most certainly not broken.

--
Paul Duffin
DT/6000 Development	Email: pduffin at hursley.ibm.com
IBM UK Laboratories Ltd., Hursley Park nr. Winchester
Internal: 7-246880	International: +44 1962-816880