ANN: Stackless Python 0.2

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Mon Jun 28 07:12:19 EDT 1999

Greg Ewing wrote:

> Corran Webster wrote:
> > In article <37628EAA.C682F16C at appliedbiometrics.com>,
> > Christian Tismer  <tismer at appliedbiometrics.com> wrote:
> > >ANNOUNCING:
>
> > >               Stackless Python 0.2
> > >           A Python Implementation Which
> > >             Does Not Ese The C Stack
>
> This sounds interesting, but how do you deal with the
> issue of C extensions which call back to Python code?
> Or is this simply disallowed in Stackless Python?

No, everything is allowed in Stackless Python.
Just grab the source and look at the implementation
of stackless map. That is exactly what a conformant
extension needs to do.
Extensions which don't are not much of a problem,
they just create incompatible frames which will not
be allowed jump targets.

ciao - chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net