threads

Arne Mueller a.mueller at icrf.icnet.uk
Thu Jun 3 13:50:48 EDT 1999

Hi All,

I'm using the threading module in python 1.5.2b2. I'm wondering wheather
the different threads are all executed in parallel on a multiprocessor
machine.

I'm working on an SGI Power Challange with 12 processors running irix
6.5 and the pthreads library. I call 4 Thread objects and start each
immedatelty after creation. In the 'top' list of running processes my
program is reported to occupy 200 % cpu and I wonder how I can manage to
make it using ~400 % cpu.

I'd be greatful for any suggestions, maybe some general hints about
threading etc. Maybe it's a matter of the os or the appropiate pthreads
implementation.

	Greetings,

	Arne
--