Newbie: easy filecopy?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Jun 15 00:36:13 EDT 1999

In article <376531D3.7E42AC42 at phoenix-edv.netzservice.de>,
Holger Jannsen  <holger at phoenix-edv.netzservice.de> wrote:

>I couldn't believe it. I think there must be an easy copy-function
>in python (I only want to copy files under ext2- or FAT-FileSystems).
>Call me "4 blind mice"-Joey, but I couldn't find it.
>For sure, I could write a thing like open-read-write-close, but I
>think, someone else has done already, hasn't he?

Look at the shutil module.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6       <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het

"That doesn't stop me from wanting to work all three of them over with
the clue stick for while, with no safewords allowed."  --abostick