do anonymous pipes normally work on NT?

Georg Mischler schorsch at schorsch.com
Wed Jun 16 08:39:45 EDT 1999

Mark Hammond wrote:
> Im afraid I can't be of much help here.  I have had a good play,
> and nothing seems obvious.
[...]
> If you are really keen, the next step would probably be to recode
> this small sample in C, and see if that works.  If it does, Python
> (or the win32 extensions) has a problem we should fix as a matter of
> priority.  If not, then we need to find the magic words to chant to
> make it work from C, and move that back to Python...

Thanks for your efforts.

Based on my own further experiments I allmost expected to hear
this, and I'm starting to get mentally prepared to check with
a few lines of C. In the extreme case, I'd actually have to
rewrite it as an extension module since I really need the
functionality.
But of course, finding a mistake of mine, or seeing python resp.
the win32 extensions fixed in case there should be a real problem,
would be highly preferrable.

I'll be back with my further findings.

Thanks

-schorsch