intractable(?) Tkinter scrollbar problem

Mark C Favas mark at chem.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jun 3 22:31:20 EDT 1999

Greg McFarlane <gregm at iname.com> writes:

>In private mail, someone suggested adding a delay before actually
>mapping/unmapping the scrollbar.  This fix stops the continuous
>mapping and unmapping of the scrollbars.

Unfortunately, this fix doesn't quite work on my system (DEC Alpha,
Digital Unix 4.0D)... At 100ms I get 10-15 redraws, at 200ms 40-50 redraws,
at 1-10ms around 10 redraws, etc.

Mark Favas
--
Email  - mark at chem.uwa.edu.au      ,-_|\                           Mark C Favas
Phone  - +61 9 380 3482           /     \               Department of Chemistry