Python Webserver

Bill Anderson banderson at boi.hp.com
Thu Jun 24 17:13:13 EDT 1999

"Thomas S. Strinnhed" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I don't know if I've dreamt, but I think I saw something about
> a webserver written in Python. (It's not the embedded-in-Apache-thing
> I'm thinking of)
> Now I just can't seem to find it anywhere, so does someone know anything
> about this. Hipshots are welcome. I thought it'd be something fun to
> play with.
>
> Thanks
>  -- Thomas S. Strinnhed, thstr at serop.abb.se

Is Zope the 'embedded-in-apache-thing' you refer to?
If so, you should note that it doesn't *need* apache, and can be used
seperately (I do it this way).

Zope 1.1x uses the Python httpserver mentioned in some of the other
posts, whereas zope 2.0.x(alpha!) uses Zserver, based on Medusa, as
mention in the other posts. :-)

--
Bill Anderson 					Linux Administrator
MCS-Boise (ARC)					banderson at boi.hp.com
My opinions are just that; _my_ opinions.