Broken 1.5.2 installation? Missing cw3215mt.dll

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Thu Jun 10 22:33:02 EDT 1999

> Problem is encountered when loading command-line Python or IDLE.  IDLE is
> non-functional, command line works fine after acknowledging the
> missing DLLs (as far as I can see).
> Could be the Cygnus TCL is interfering I suppose.

Aha!  Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen, Mike.  Having more than one
version of tk*.dll or tcl*.dll anywhere in your entire *city* is like
putting a male brain-eater in your left ear and a female brain-eater in your
right ear at the peak of brain-eater mating season, then betting you can
keep them apart by force of moral suasion.  You should reformat your drives
and reinstall NT to be *sure* <wink>, but before that try uninstalling every
Tcl/Tk you have, "dir/s" your drives from the roots to make sure nothing
matching tk*.dll or tcl*.dll survived, uninstall Python, and reinstall
Python with the One True Tcl/Tk that comes with it.

followups-to-cameron-laird<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim