Path problem and Idle vs shell difference

Zigron zigron at jps.net
Mon May 17 17:31:16 EDT 1999

Emile van Sebille <emile at fenx.com> wrote in message
news:4b%%2.425$VL2.68019 at news.direcpc.com...
> [Windows 95] D:\Program Files\Python>python
> Python 1.5.2 (#0, Apr 13 1999, 10:51:12) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
> Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
> ... print i
>   File "<stdin>", line 2
>     print i
>         ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

    For some reason, I don't know why, you must specifically press 'tab' in
the windows
command prompt when you are doing a compound statement like that. IDLE and
PythonWin automatically put a tab in there; the prompt does not.

So, just press <tab>print i in the windows prompt to make it work.

I think :)

--Stephen