Extension Doc bug

Fred L. Drake fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us
Mon May 3 14:38:08 EDT 1999

Michael P. Reilly writes:
 > Nothing is mentioned about the kwdict parameter being NULL, and that is
 > a documentation error (and the jist of my posting).

  I must have misunderstood your original post; I thought you meant
that passing NULL instead of a keywords dictionary caused a core
dump.  (Or did I get that part right?)
  If passing a NULL for the keyword dict caused a core dump, there's
definately space for a check to be made in the runtime.
  I will make the possibility of NULL for the keywords dictionary
clear in the documentation after I've had a chance to verify the
intent with Guido; maybe he'd expect a core dump even if I don't.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>