Productivity and the two language approach

Laurent POINTAL pointal at lure.u-psud.fr
Tue May 4 10:53:44 EDT 1999

Continue with C++, learn Python (its really easy), then look at CORBA
and link C++ to Python with it (see fnorb as Python ORB, and look at
www.omg.org for free C++ ORBs - I use omniORB2 but there are many
other ORBs).

With that, you can define your work with IDL, start prototyping with
Python, translate what is needed to C++... and call all that from any
other langage and from any other computer.

Its the way I go.

A+

Laurent.

On Tue, 4 May 1999 22:27:25 +0930, "Tim Auld"
<astro at nospam.tne.net.au> wrote:

>: I'll put it into perspective :)
>:
>: The C/C++ option:
>: The Python option:
>: Besides, productivity doesn't really matter when it's a casual project, but
>: enjoyment does (IMHO). I'd rather get straight to the fun part than enduring
>: the frustration of learning another environment.

---
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email  : pointal at lure.u-psud.fr  ou  lpointal at planete.net