Using Python for Modular Artificial Intelligence code

Tim Auld astro at nospam.tne.net.au
Mon May 3 08:13:52 EDT 1999

>> ... The multi-threading with socket
>> communication would have been too slow.
>
>Snicker. You can saturate a LAN connection from a Python socket.
>Granted, if you rewrite in C, you'll use a bit less CPU.

The "multi-threading with socket" solution I was talking about refered to
using sockets between C/C++ program threads, not Python.  Just about
anything can saturate a network.  It would have been slow for the game due
to the task switching and that Windows doesn't handle lots of threads well,
as well as the unnecessary data transfer.

Regards,
Tim