problem with variable scoping

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Thu May 27 11:15:38 EDT 1999

Moshe Zadka writes:

> > > Ummmm.....Tim, I beg to differ: it is more like the C++
> <snipped stupid mistake made by me>
>
> I humble myself before Fredrik and the Tim, and ask their
> forgiveness for the nonsense I have said. I vow that from now on I
> will not post without checking my programs...
>
> now-who-can-be-mad-at-me-after-a-self-abasement-like-that<wink>-ly
> y'rs, Z.

Nah, bots don't get mad, they don't respond to begging and they
don't grant forgiveness. They just relentlessly correct mistakes,
and sometimes go loopy. Not surprising - I understand the original
Timbot was written in Basic.

At one point (at least) things worked as you expected under JPython.

- Gordon