CORBA IDL AND SCRIPTS

Laurent POINTAL pointal at lure.u-psud.fr
Mon May 3 04:15:54 EDT 1999

Take a look at the Fnorb Python ORB (www.dstc.edu.au/Fnorb/), with it
you can take your CORBA IDL files, pass it to fnidl, and generate
Python skeleton and stubs. Then you can very very quickly write CORBA
client/server with Python.

A+

Laurent.

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 12:53:59 -0400, Sunil Satyan <satyan at ppllc.com>
wrote:

>: Hi All,
>:  Hi. I was looking for someone to speak to regarding a few questions
>: that I had about IDL. I would be glad if  someone  can aswer my
>: question:
>:      My question is: Is there any support for generating Scripting
>: language bindings from CORBA IDL or a
>:      translator (less preferable) that can translate from CORBA IDL to a
>: scripting language IDL  ??
>:
>:      I realize that I may have to direct these questions to the
>: appropriate CORBA implementation Vendor.
>:      But, I figured I would turn turn here for any suggestions!
>:
>:      Thanks a million!
>:      Sunil .
>:      satyan at ppllc.com
>:

---
Laurent POINTAL - CNRS/LURE - Service Informatique Experiences
Tel/fax: 01 64 46 82 80 / 01 64 46 41 48
email  : pointal at lure.u-psud.fr  ou  lpointal at planete.net