Idle comments

Andrew Cooke andrew at andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk
Sat May 29 17:28:43 EDT 1999

Hi,

I've played with Python a little on Unix and have just started to use it
at work on NT - we're shifting from Perl for automating some tasks.

So, installing 1.5.2 I got Idle (I have 1.5.1 at home and have always
used Emacs).  It's quite nice, but I thought I'd just mention a few
things on my wish list (they're pretty obvious, so forgive me if I'm
re-hashing old comments).

- I know you're not trying to reproduce emacs, but C-n not being next
line is a real bind - if you are going to have some emacs bindings,
please keep all the common ones!

- The debugger appears to lock for long periods (several seconds) when
"out" or "over" is pressed.

- After pressing F5, if there is a "compilation error", it would be nice
to have the cursor moved to the error.

- The debugger seems to confuse global and local variables.

OK, those were the main things.  I can supply details be email if anyone
wants them.  This isn't a moan, just user-freedback!

Thanks,
Andrew

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/