.pyo's without .pyc's?

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Wed May 26 18:45:36 EDT 1999

Randall Hopper wrote:

> I'm trying to cook a minimalist Python install, and I find that
> python -O won't run without .pyc's in-place, even when there are
> pyo's.

Another job for Greg's superb imputil.py:
 http://www.lyra.org/greg/small/.

You're welcome to steal the code that builds a .pyz (a single file
compressed archive of packages / modules) from my Win32 installer.
The installer is Win32 only, but the business of building and
importing a .pyz should be cross platform.

 http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/install.html

(By default, the archive is built of .pyc's. There's code in there to
use .pyo's, but I'm afraid I never tested that.)

- Gordon