Problems using Python under IIS

Gregory P. Keeney gkeeeney at pacbell.net
Sat May 15 03:20:49 EDT 1999

I am looking for an alternative to VBScript and JScript, for use in
ASP's under IIS. I have been playing with python, and running some
tests, and have run into a problem: I cannot write to the Session object
from a Python script on an ASP. I can read from the Session quite
nicely, but for some reason, I cannot set a new or existing object in
the collection. The error message is rather useless, only provide a '?'
for the message, and another '?' for the line number...

I have searched through all the documentation that came with both Python
and Python COM, and have found nothing which sheds any light on the
issue. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
Gregory P. Keeney