persistent database results for web page

James Vincent jjv5 at violet.nci.nih.gov
Fri May 28 09:44:46 EDT 1999

Hello all,

	As I learn to hook Python into my database I am faced with a
simple yet vexing problem. I would like to query a database and give
the results to a user, however, the query will run for a very long
time. When it finishes it will return many more rows of data than
will fit on a page (several thousand).  I have a nice rolo-dex table
thingy for html that lets you select the next n results, but it requires
generating the data again (very bad). Is there a way to run a query
once and store the results either with the client or on the server in
a very simple way that would then allow easy perusal of the result set?
Any advice is appreciated.

				Jim

--
James Vincent