Defining VCL-like framework for Python

Graham Matthews graham at sloth.math.uga.edu
Fri May 21 15:21:29 EDT 1999

Alexander Staubo (nospam-alex at mop.no) wrote:
: > I, for one, agree that there is a need for a
: > cross-platform GUI *framework* for Python (as
: > opposed to a toolkit).
:
: Rightyouare. And hopefully not just a GUI framework, but a generic
: component framework

Can someone tell me what all these terms mean? What is the diff between
a GUI toolkit and a GUI framework? And what is a component framework?

graham

--
           As you grow up and leave the playground
       where you kissed your prince and found your frog