tinyPython

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat May 1 19:39:04 EDT 1999

The simplest way to trim fat (on Windows) is to simply remove entries from
config.c.  This will cut out modules you dont need.

After that, things get a little tricker - you really need to start kicking
out types to trim much size - eg, the complex type, or the float type.

There has been some work recently to port Python onto a number of embedded
systems - this has similar goals to yours, although will probably want to go
even further.  Guido has expressed support for this, and we may see some
changes for 1.6 (likely to be 12 months away).  If you want to see anything
before then, you probably need to get involved in this effort!

HTH...

Mark.