PyOpenGL on Linux: waiting for hardware acceleration

David Konerding dek at nano.ucsf.edu
Tue May 11 18:50:59 EDT 1999

On Tue, 11 May 1999 14:15:31 -0400 (EDT), Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at cnri.reston.va.us> wrote:
>Xi Graphics is working on commercial hardware accelerated OpenGL for
>Linux.  I don't have any idea when real releases will be available.
>Check out their Web pages: http://www.xig.com/
>
>A company called MetroX is (was?) also working on one.  I've head that
>this project is basically dead, but I can't confirm that -- might be
>FUD.  Anyone have better information on MetroX?

Both Xig and MetroX have released beta servers supporting hardware accelerated
OpenGL.  MetroX has been promising their accelerated server for at least three
and a half years now (that's when I ordered their software OpenGL server),
the beta looks interesting but supports only one card.

Email: dek at cgl.ucsf.edu    David Konerding     WWW: http://picasso.ucsf.edu/~dek
Snail: Graduate Group in Biophysics
Medical Sciences 926, Box 0446
University of California